The weekday bible study began meeting in the church parlor on this date to begin their Lenten study led by Pastor, Will Heyward. A couple of extra study books are still available at $5 each...see Will for more information.
* The men of the church, under the direction of session Building and Grounds leader, Charles Young, spent a work day in January replacing all the old fluorescent lights which required a ballast with new, LED bulbs that are MUCH brighter throughout the hallways, fellowship hall and the lower level of the church.
* Thanks to all the dedicated workers!
The MJPC members enjoyed a meal in fellowship hall following worship on December 3rd at which time donations were accepted for the annual Joy Gift offering.
The joint worship celebration with holy communion included the First Baptist Church, Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church and West Jefferson Methodist Church.
* Fellowship Hour follwing worship on August 20th was made special wih a cake to honor our accompanist, Sabrina Oliver as she takes a short (three month) sabbatical to travel on a missionary trip to Bolivia to teach music and English to children, many of whom are orphans in schools that she will be visiting.
* Pictured (lower right) are Sabrina (center) with her brother Tim and her mother following worship during which time Sabrina and Tim played piano and violin, not only for the introit, but also during the hymns and for the postlude. Follow this link and open the Live Streaming archive dated August 20, 2107 in order to listen to the performances. Be sure to use your cursor to move ahead to the 51:27 minute mark for the offertory...truly inspirational!
* God's blessings on Sabrina during her several months long missionary travels.
Click on the image (right) to see a full size flyer...print one out for your refrigerator!