* For the MJPC Anthem on Sunday, November 29, 2015, the congregation was treated to special holiday music from our own Music Dirctor, Keith McCutchen as accompanied by Shannon Hoover, bass and Thomas Taylor, drums.
* Thank you Keith, Shannon and Thomas for your inspirational gift to MJPC.
* As we enter the season of celebration of the birth of our Savior, the MJPC sanctuary has been decorated with a beautiful 18' tree from the Rusty Estes family and Chrismons from our church for our member families and guests to enjoy.
* Also, as part of our church's display, the tree in the Fellowship Hall was from Lee's Trees, and Lee and Mannon Eldreth.
* Finally, thanks to Rusty Barr and family for the wreaths and the garland that adorn the sanctuary.
* Thanks to the Estes, Eldreth and Barr families for these gifts of the season.
* The ASU Campus Ministry, of which our own Children's Program leader Leila Wright is a part, led the worship this Sunday during church services.
* Pictured (L to R): Olivia Thorn, Madeline Perrou, Leila, Stephanie Hankins, Nick Gallagher and River Price.
The worship hour on Sunday, August 9th was led by the children who attended last weeks "G Force" Vacation Bible School and the "This is Our Story" Youth Conference at Montreat, NC.
* THE PUBLIC IS INVITED!
* For Immediate Release: Monday, July 6, 2015
* West Jefferson, NC – The Mount Jefferson Presbyterian Church will present the Japan Mass Gospel Choir in concert, Thursday July, 16 2015, 7 pm at the church. There will be a rehearsal/workshop, also at the church, starting at 4 pm. Both are open to the general public. Youth and children are welcome to participate in the workshop and the concert finale.
* For more info contact: Doris Facsko at 336-846-7481
* The eleven day Southern Gospel Tour, is from July 11 - July 21, 2015. The tour, based out of Kings Mountain and Charlotte, N.C., will m Spreading throughout Asheville, Durham, Raleigh, S.C. G.A. and Nashville Tennessee. The touring ensemble is only part of the 1000 voice ensemble that recorded their debut album “POWERFUL” (Living In His Body As One). This groundbreaking project lets Japanese Gospel choirs, directors and singers work in partnership with an American producer, musicians, engineer and promoters for the first time in history. Many Gospel choir directors were thrilled to hear about this project and eager to join. JAPAN MASS CHOIR consists of over 50 local directors, with each their own choir members. We also recruited participants through other media such as social networks, newspapers and radio shows.
* The rehearsals started in January of 2014, in different parts of Japan. The joint rehearsal and recordings and music video shoot took place March, 14, -15, 2015 at Aoyama Gakuin University hall in Shibuya, the culture center of Tokyo. The CD entitled “ POWERFUL” (Living In His Body As One), will be released in the States and other countries in early July. Downloads are available at all online outlets. There will also be a 35 minute documentary DVD available.
* If you are interested in supporting or becoming a Sponsor of JMC's Southern Gospel Tour please contact us at: email@example.com
* Sponsorship packages / Donations are also available, please send an email to request your package or find out how you can support.
* The fellowship time after today's worship was an opportunity to say congratulations to MJPC's newest high school graduates and wish them well as they embark on new opportunities at college in the fall.
* Pictured (L to R) are: Thomas Sexton, Morgan Hudler, Dalton Lyles and Austin Price.
* Good luck to each and every one!